The Corner Pub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Corner Pub has moved!

Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Black Screen Shots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Alright... I'm seeing (Along with W, Kurpie and everyone else) that Alot of people have the little black screenshots regularly... Starting to wonder if they should keep playin or if they should be warned and then kicked for the black screenshots... Now of course some people are going to have a black screenshot every now and then, however for those with nearly ALL of their screenshots black or even something else... Its just getting rediculous, and just today we caught someone with black screenshots and who WAS without a doubt chaming or wallhacking but we didnt have any proof other then how he was playing....

Just wondering what ya wanna do soul, along with everyone else that plays and enjoys the TCP server.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Unfortunately black screenshots are not proof there is a cheat being used. This can happen to honest players who have outdated or incompatible video cards and/or drivers. It can also happen when someone alt-tabs out of the game sometimes. There are various other reasons as well.

This unfortunately leaves us in a position to have to make judgment calls sometimes. I would like to certainly have a post for anyone suspected of cheating that has resulted in an admin or mod ban. (Which now DOES work apparently)
All I ask is that there be absolutely NO doubt in your mind when issuing a BAN. If there is even a shadow of a doubt, just kick them and see what happens.

We dont want cheating dooshes on the server. I also DO NOT want to become one of those servers run by overzealous militant ban happy admins.

I am able to monitor the banlist for people we have banned on our server. If things get carried away we would have to revisit this policy.
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
wth

wth

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 pm

I can understand your policy Soul.Black pbss's are going to happen especially with 3 different Operating systems being supported for this game.My biggest problem has always been the cropped pbss's as I know what they tend to be caused by.

Maybe the best thing to do is like we did today.Team up on voice chat and then monitor the player(from both teams)and set up situations and if he or she fails the little test then we have a good idea whats going on.Its not 100% accurate but its the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
http://spotterclan.com/smf/index.php
TooHigh2lose

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

My SS are black, I cant help it. I'm not going to reload my OS for that.

Back to top Go down
Serv

Serv

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

or you can hunt the player in the game and record them so a better judgement can be made, along with proof for the accusations that would be made
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Screen Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Shots   Black Screen Shots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Screen Shots
Page 1 of 1