The Corner Pub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Corner Pub has moved!

Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Do We need our own Server?

Go down 
+2
[TCP]Soulman
[TCP]MrAeolusC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

Do We need our own Server? Empty
PostSubject: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:12 am

Hey guys, i been doin some math (amazingly) and i find that im making quite enough money per month to rent out our own server for battlefield Play4Free...
Now just thinking that it is completely nessesary that we all have ur own server and admin powers so we can remove any unhonorable players (Tkers, Trashtalkers, Assholes, all together) to our liking...

Ill be able to fund our server so u old farts dont have to make urselves older by dealing with another task, so before i actually rent the server, jus reply ur opinions about the idea and from there ill choose to rent one out for us
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:35 am

Wow....I gotta say, not a bad idea. It would be nice to set up the map rotation to something that the group likes.
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 am

yes it would... i can set us all up with a server at any time, and like i said, we can kick bad players, own map rotation that suits everyone, and of course, be helpful to spreading the clan and gettin more people to want to apply as members
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 am

I went ahead and rented out the server through MYinternetservices.com, as it was one of the cheaper and easier to understand (to rent out a server) that i saw....

Server Status as of now is Pending, when its finished ill tell u all more, but for now which maps would u all prefer?
And ill be giving all of u admin powers to the server once its active
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 am

Wow...way to go Skippy! That is very generous of you to go ahead and rent a server. I guess that means I'll have to actually chat on this thing Smile Good job mate!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 am

Thank you sir... i jus thought since i dont have anything else to spend money on, then why not do something for the clan... havnt done much so ya, why not haha Smile

Not really into money anyways, whether its in bank or not (ill worry about it later in life xP)
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:31 pm

i'll say why not
if there is enough TCP people playing on it and to administrate it
if u need some money = just ask
soul can open a paypal donation for that if we need it
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 pm

It turns out i did everything correctly, but the server was just crashing.... im testing it now to see if it will run and we will see how things go Smile
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 pm

A few things...You should have been supplied with a LINK to the server. We need that to be able to bookmark and join it. I have started the client side setup on it. Got the banner running and am getting ready to check out how to get GGC streaming up and running.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 pm

http://battlefield.play4free.com/bookmark/server:0a987226-5daa-4ed7-95e3-86d3ba200748

Here is the link to bookmark the Server, all of u should add it to your bookmarks and we can all try and spread the love of TCP haha xD
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 am

ok i just tried it !!
woww it is great
but i was alone to play lol !!
nevermind nobody killed me this time !! hurra !!
and i have played with copters
we all just need to have admin rights for more fun (changing maps, etc...)
TY clown bounce
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:12 pm

You guys are all very welcome! Very Happy

As always, im on everyday and ill been on the BFP4Fcc to kick whomever may be causing problems (whenever the server fills up with players) so ya Smile
Back to top Go down
[TCP]discoballs
Captain
[TCP]discoballs

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 pm

[TCP]MrAeolusC wrote:
yes it would... i can set us all up with a server at any time, and like i said, we can kick bad players, own map rotation that suits everyone, and of course, be helpful to spreading the clan and gettin more people to want to apply as members

damn , you kick bad players ? so every time i am gonna get kicked then ?
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Its ok Disco...drunk players are welcome as usual. We even let the goat/sheep lovers play someitmes!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]discoballs
Captain
[TCP]discoballs

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:47 pm

[TCP]Soulman wrote:
Its ok Disco...drunk players are welcome as usual. We even let the goat/sheep lovers play someitmes!

ooohhh , frenchie can play too there ? Very Happy , grandpa dont cause he's no sheep lover obviously Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Server is full of life... all u server admins gonna ahve fun (if yall would stop drinking of course Smile
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Well for your information I went to another fair this past weekend. No farm animals pissed me off so they were all well and healthy when I left........and so was my hand
Back to top Go down
[TCP]discoballs
Captain
[TCP]discoballs

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 am

[TCP]MrAeolusC wrote:
Server is full of life... all u server admins gonna ahve fun (if yall would stop drinking of course Smile

stop drinking ????? i dont know you actually BUT ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ???? Cool Cool Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Damn kids nowadays...thats like suggesting we stop breathing or stop making fun of the French. C'mon Skippy....
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm

TROU DU CUL !!! cheers cheers affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 am

Not sure what the hell is going on but now I am unable to even kick people acting like fools. I am able to issue the command and it shows up in the "server admin" message area but the person does not get kicked.

This means that nobody is able to 'police' the server and idiots are running rampant. (As is a person that I suspect was hacking...)
Permenent bans also cannot happen until GGC is streaming.

Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:21 pm

once again i cannot get the dammed ggc streaming, i keep getting a message that someone else bhas already had the server registered for their account on the ggc website thingyits not me, so im suspecting maybe u had it done already soul.. i can double check but again thats whats goin on
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm

That is possible. Let me see what I can find out. I'm pretty sure I did try to register it but got stopped because I didnt have the correct access to the server.

I'm not sure why the 'kick' function isnt working though.

Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Nope...the only servers I have listed in "MY SERVERS" on GGC are the 3 Hotel California servers that I'm an admin on.

(By the way, I'm admin there because that is where I was playing most and is run by one of the guys that I played quite a bit with during the closed beta phase. He asked for a few 'regulars' to help police the server(s) )

Sooooo....not sure what to do now. You try asking someone on the forums on GGC or try sending them Private Message? Usually those folks are pretty helpful.
Back to top Go down
RoidsRage

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:35 am

To clear up problems with GGC request a different IP address for the server by submitting a support ticket at myis. To clear up the kick issue submit a ticket for that with details of the problem I would advise a gameserver reinstall. Myinternetservices is decent host but have you checked out branzone.com?
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Well...I no longer will play on the server because it is impossible to remove people who teamkill and generally cause problems. There are no admins if there is no ability to kick people. Warnings do nothing.

Let me know if and when this gets resolved.

If we cant fix it, maybe we can try renting a different server (Branzone?). Is anyone interested in the idea? If so, we can try to figure out the best way to do payments and/or donations.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 pm

my opinion is:
thanks again to clown for renting this server
but if we can't admin it, kick asshole, join it = i am not interested
and i will not donate or pay for something like that !
u need to find a better server where all TCP members can have all access (admin, kick, manage, join)
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm

If we do it as a clan (server rental) it will be like it was with Americas Army. All members will be "admins" and have the power to enforce whatever server rules we choose to have. Usually with this game though it only requires removing the idiots that blow up their own teams vehicles and such.
I would get us streaming to the anti-cheat organization GGC-Stream and PBBans to ensure we remain relatively "hack free". The other important aspect of that is that you can use their banlist to permanently ban repeat offenders. Currently there is no other way to do that.

I also appreciate Skippy's getting the server currently running. Its tough to get things going when doing a server setup. That is why it is usually good to have a few different people with access to the server account to manage things when others get busy with real life.

Again...I just throw this out as an idea. I am willing to pitch in some if we think its a good idea. With that in mind I would say that I have seen GREAT responses and feedback from the current server. (except when the fun is ruined by morons...lol)
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 am

i been workin for my dad for the past months and he hasnt fucking paid me yet, and sonce he hasnt paid me by now, then more then likely i wont have money to pay off our server by the end of this month.... (see why most people tell me not to work for parents lol) but ya,,,, thats whats going on with that
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 am

And i checked out all of the other server providers, but myis was the one that i could understand easiest (if that makes sense), but i like soul's idea lol
Mostly because until im 16 i wont make part-time wage or whatever, and parents fail to pay their children for doing THEIR work... (and its leather work so its difficult >Sad
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 pm

i am agree with soul
we need the same than we had on AAO
count me IN !!
i can put some money in = someone else ?

i will check server provider to see what we can find better
and YES some people here need to have ALL access to the server (like soul)
it is what i have done when i have rent the TS server = i have sent ALL the access to soul
u can trust on him
but u can't trust on ur parents for paying u lol !!
let this server die
we will find another solution better for all the clan
Back to top Go down
[TCP]MrAeolusC

[TCP]MrAeolusC

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm

hahaha alright then frenchie i agree with u haha,,, but i wont let the server die out until we all agree with something... souls idea sounds good, that way we all dont need to rely on just 1 person to pay off the server....

Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok...sounds like I'll start trying to figure out a clan-pay system of some sort. It was easy with Americas Army server providers because they had been established for so long but I'm not sure that something like that exists for this game. I will certainly look around this weekend and see what options are available.

As for the trust thing...I think I can say with certainty that if you arent trustworthy enough with things like server rights then you would not be a member of this clan. Its small because finding truly trustworthy people is not as easy as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do We need our own Server?   Do We need our own Server? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do We need our own Server?
Page 1 of 1