Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Share | 

Changes to BFplay4Free

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ExLax

PostSubject: Changes to BFplay4Free   Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:03 pm

I haven't played BFplay4Free since this past weekend but besides the new map I know there have been some changes (for some players huge changes?). The EA forum is hot right now about this topic.

I had a couple of thoughts and or questions:

1) Did this surprise you that EA did this? The game is still open beta isn't it? Which I think means EA can and will do pretty much anything they can to the game.

2) While cruising through the EA forum I saw a reply from an EA developer to a complaint from a player who thought he had been robbed (not his words exactly) and the EA dev responded that "players come and go all the time so it didn't matter who left since there are always new players". So how much money does EA make from this supposedly still beta game? I haven't heard a word from them about going to an official release anytime soon so it's just a guess but wouldn't it be in EA's best interest to keep it in beta, take your money then make crazy changes all in the name of 'fixing the beta'?

Let me know if you think I'm way off but I think EA stumbled(?) upon a cash cow/scam. I also firmly believe they don't have a care in the world how many people complain. Don't get me wrong I still like the game and plan to continue to play (though I know it's kind of rare when I do). I just think they planned to screw people from the very beginning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TCP]Soulman
Major

PostSubject: Re: Changes to BFplay4Free   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Well...I do agree with you to a point. What I dont understand is why you would reduce the ability of a weapon(s) that someone purchased to gain an advantage. As a business model they have decided to solicit different version of "advantage" to players through boosters, weapons, attachments, etc. This is fine as a business model except they decided to show the masses that their purchase (which is EAsy's income) is not secure from being taken away from them. What incentive does anyone have to purchasing items like that if something marketed as PERMANENT is NOT a permanent addition. The MP5 I have now is NOT the one I purchased. Do they seriously think I would purchase something again?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]Smokecola

PostSubject: Re: Changes to BFplay4Free   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm not new to the "free to play, pay to be awesome" scene, but I will tell you as a person that plays free to play games with full intent of paying for items that will give me the advantage, this is the first time that I have stumbled upon a game where after purchasing an item it was changed. If anything, new items come out that are better and so on, that keep the people that buy items, buying.
It is a cash cow, and as people that play and pay, should fully understand that. At the same time, online currency is just as good as real currency. Trust me, I'm someone that collects online items that I've paid for and sell them at later dates.
So, as a final input, the items that were bought are different now, there was never a disclosure that stated this may happen. They only time in my opinion that you may lose an in game item is if the game crashes and is no more.

~FIN~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to BFplay4Free   

Back to top Go down

Changes to BFplay4Free
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Corner Pub :: OLD Website Forum :: The Game Room :: Battlefield Play4Free-
Jump to: