http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Share | 

Help with mp3 tags/album art

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[TCP]Soulman
Major

PostSubject: Help with mp3 tags/album art   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:41 am

Ok ladies...I have ALOT of music. I'm talking about well over 800 GB of music. Not all of it is good (poor recording quality, stupid bands, audio books, etc..) and there are certainly duplicate files in the mix but different file names and file lengths.

What I want is a easy way to batch tag (ID3 tags including album art) bunches of these files so when I load them to my IPOD or play them on the computer they have the proper tags and album art.

What are your recommendations? I would be willing to pay for a program if it could take care of these annoying problems.

(Does this mean I have OCD?)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
PsycoGeek

PostSubject: Re: Help with mp3 tags/album art   Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 pm

No, you don't have OCD... You might need some LSD though.

I really don't know of any programs offhand, but do a search on Lifehacker.com. They usually have reviews of stuff like this, and also have readers top 5 picks.

Since you have an iPod I'm going to make a suggestion... you might want to switch to AAC, or even HE-AAC. You can save anywhere from 1/3 or 2/3's of the space if you re-rip everything. I know... a lot of work. I just did it myself.

IMHO, AAC @ 256k sounds better than MP3 @ 320k. AND... HE-AAC @ 128k sounds just as good as AAC @ 256k. The internet radio stations I listen to broadcast their streams in HE-AAC @ 128k (for the premium membership), and it sounds great. I play it on my Windows Home Server connected to my TV and my Klipsch Tech Promedia 2.1 speakers, and on my PC with either my Sennheiser earbuds or Sennheiser HD265 full headphones.

MP3 is an old (15yrs old ???) format, and has been outpaced by newer formats such as Apples AAC and HE-AAC, the latter of which was developed specifically for internet stream broadcasting. It is a great format (HE-AAC). Both are better than MP3, especially if you stick with Apple. A lot of other brands also support both. Also, I use Winamp Pro to rip HE-AAC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Help with mp3 tags/album art   Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 am

How the fuck can you have 800 gb worth of music? I had no idea Burl Ives, Snoopy and the Red Baron and Zamfir had put out that many albums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with mp3 tags/album art   

Back to top Go down

Help with mp3 tags/album art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Corner Pub :: OLD Website Forum :: Public Watering Hole-
Jump to: