The Corner Pub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Corner Pub has moved!

Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Might be "unavailable" for a while...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PsycoGeek

PsycoGeek

Might be "unavailable" for a while... Empty
PostSubject: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 am

Seems my 15yr old son doesn't understand that when we say "enough gaming for the day" that it means just that. Last night I caught him with his laptop on and in game at 11:30pm.

SO.... I now have to set up rules on my router for when he can access the 'net, on both his PC and PS3. that requires an "upgrade" on my router to DDWRT, which will allow me to set up proper time rules. The stock router firmware doesn't seem to. Upgrading may brick it, which may cause me to have to buy another router, and if everything goes smoothly (which I expect it to, but you never know) I will have to spend at least a day testing rules and settings to make sure the network is OK.

Wish me luck...

PG
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 am

Didn't know ddwrt can do that (have no need to), but just checked, it's right there.
Looks like it's mac/ip based, so if your son is smart enough (assuming he doesn't have the router password), he could just change the mac and/or use static ip (haven't tried it myself)
Back to top Go down
PsycoGeek

PsycoGeek

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 am

He's not that into computers as to know how to do that... and I use strong passwords, on everything. The ssid password is 16 characters long... Twisted Evil

I plan on setting up a MAC based access list (I can do that now, but have no control over WHEN the net can be accessed) with time restrictions. I also presently have IP's reserved by MAC so that I can see what is currently attached to the network. Opening his door is quicker, though, if I want to see if he is on.

Ugh!!!!!!!!! Teenagers!
Back to top Go down
PsycoGeek

PsycoGeek

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 am

I may have saved myself a lot of trouble... I found settings to block internet services on a time schedule. Won't stop him from staying up all night watching movies from the server, but at least he won't be gaming.

I really want to hear his excuse for being up at 11:30pm with his laptop on and in game (League of Legends)... he tried to tell me he didn't remember taking his laptop up onto his loft bed. I guess it was sleepgaming... Sleep
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 am

lol! lol!

poor dad
try the: "foot in his ass" method !!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 am

Can't just cut off all his fingers??
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 am

HAHAHAHA 'pa == good idea !!!
lol! lol! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:40 am

That is TERRIBLE advice! (I would expect no less from you goons anyway)

I am going to be in the same situation within the next few years. My son (10) has the same affection for gaming as I do. It has already been the single most thing we take away from him when he gets in trouble because its like torture to him.

Being a parent can be a pain sometimes.
Being old can be a pain sometimes.
Being French is ALWAYS a pain....
Being Canadian (French light) is ALWAYS a pain...
cheers What a Face affraid
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

You're all going to Hell...
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Might be "unavailable" for a while... Fuck-off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might be "unavailable" for a while...   Might be "unavailable" for a while... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Might be "unavailable" for a while...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Corner Pub :: OLD Website Forum :: Public Watering Hole-
Jump to: