The Corner Pub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Corner Pub has moved!

Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Empty
PostSubject: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Just announced to the Closed Beta testers:

Quote :
Battlefield Play4Free has been in Closed Beta for over 3 months, during which time much progress has been made. Countless hours have been poured into adding new maps/weapons/clothing/features and functions, as well as stomping all over those nasty bugs.

Well, we have some great news for you! In approximately 1 month Battlefield Play4Free will move out of Closed Beta and into Open Beta. During this final month of Closed Beta we will be focusing on crushing even more bugs, adding polish and maybe even adding some more awesome to the game! Once we hit Open Beta EVERYONE will be able to sign up and gain access to the game right away, without having to wait to receive a Beta key.

With an enormous influx of players expected as we move into Open Beta, we will be doing everything we can to prevent the swelling numbers from grinding the site, services and game to a halt. As such, we will be increasing access to Battlefield Play4Free in a tiered fashion. These tiers are as follows:

* March 31st: Our brothers and sisters in arms, those who have played in Battlefield Bad Company 1&2, Battlefield 1943, and of course Battlefield Heroes, will be invited to grab their guns and start pushing for flags in Battlefield Play4Free.*
* April 2nd: Our Facebook and Twitter followers will be treated to early Battlefield Play4Free access.
* April 4th: Battlefield Play4Free will move to Open Beta and be instantly accessible to EVERYONE!
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

NOW in open beta
have fun !!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am

That's the new promo video? Looks cool. Will probably try it soon.
How many players are supported at once?
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 am

It varies, but it's roughly 15 per side
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm

I highly recommend it. Its tough to get used to at first but I am willing to give as many hints and tips as anyone is interested in hearing.
The game is quite addicting. I havent played AA in a very long time now. I havent given up totally on it but DAMN, this BFP4F is a riot! They are rolling out new features quite often. There is now a "friends list" that makes it easy to track down someone ingame. There are rumors of a server browser and getting squads set up. (That would be a big step forward for teamwork).

There are now 3 maps in rotation.

Karkand: Suburban infantry battle with tanks, armored personnel carriers, Humvees and GAZ trucks with .50 cal mounts.
Oman: Land/Air battle that has MIG's, F35's, Attack Helicopters, Transport Helicopters, Tanks, APC's, Humvees, GAZ, Dune buggies (light and heavy), and light inflatable boats launched off the aircraft carrier parked at sea.
Sarqui: A small "up close and personal" infantry only map.

I hope you guys find this as fun as I have. I know I've played quite a bit with 'Pa on there...
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

you all guys, post ur name here
so i can add you as my friends
my ingame name is [TCP]=SP[FR]=

and yes swashi, this game is awesome !!!

how u drive plane and copters ?
yesterday i first time tried this map
but i was not able to drive plane and copters ?
+ the map with copters and planes arrive always the last ?
u need to play the 2 others first ?
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:18 pm

[TCP]=SP[FR]= wrote:
you all guys, post ur name here
so i can add you as my friends
my ingame name is [TCP]=SP[FR]=

and yes swashi, this game is awesome !!!

how u drive plane and copters ?
yesterday i first time tried this map
but i was not able to drive plane and copters ?
+ the map with copters and planes arrive always the last ?
u need to play the 2 others first ?

I will spend some time this weekend and start a better tutorial. Its a busy week at work for me (and has been for months now).

Once you have an account made when you go to the Play4free website look at the player "card" at the top right of the screen. Click on the tab next to the "friends" list and go to "add/manage friends". This area will show a little blue exclamation point when you have a pending friend request from someone. You go to this same place to "accept" someone elses request to become your "friend".

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Z-card10

Go to the "search for friends" tab to enter a players name. A partial name works like a "wildcard" and will bring you up all possibilities starting with whatever you entered. A player with multiple soldier classes will show up when searching for any of their names and will then show their other aliases.

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Z-frie10

When they "accept" your friends request, they are automatically added to your list.

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Z-frie11

As far as the flying goes, you need to spend your "training points" to train yourself for this. Start the game by clicking "PLAY NOW" and go to the "TRAINING" tab. In the upper right part of this page you will see your available training points you can spend. You get these points by advancing levels for your soldier. You can RESET them and spend them a different way whenever you decide you dont like how you have them. I've outlined the two you need to train on to fly the jets and helicopters.
BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Z-frie13

As for the maps...
Each server you (randomly) end up joining has their rotations a bit different. They are set in a pattern so what you experience for maps is set by the server owners.
Typically what I find is something like KARKAND for 3 rounds, OMAN for 3 rounds then SHARQI for 3 rounds. There certainly are other patterns out there but when you join you start at whatever part of the rotation the server is currently at.

A quick note:
Gain experience and the much needed TRAINING POINTS as quickly as possible by capturing "capping" bases and destroying vehicles! These are the things that give you the greatest amount of points. If you are an engineer, use your RPG's and kill those tanks, apc's and transport vehicles. Use grenades on these same vehicles with all 4 classes of soldier. I recommend training to pilot both aircraft first then getting all 4 grenades. These help you advance fastest to get points for all the other goodies.

On the OMAN map, use the anti-aircraft positions too. Hitting those slow moving helicopters with the AA is an easy way to get +200 - +300 points for just hitting the darned thing.

Remember: Killing the enemy is fun as hell and gives your Kill to Death ratio a cool look. It doesnt do much for your score though. Ive gone like 5/18 (5 kills, 18 deaths) before and still took top place on the scoreboard at the end of the round with over 8000 points. Dont be afraid to die. Act like a suicide bomber if you need to, just so you can get close and do stuff like throw grenades at a tank!

YeeeeeHawwww!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm

ty soul for the infos
i going to try them right now !!!! cheers

EDIT: OMFG that's works i can drive copters and planes
but so hard to "drive" them !!!! LOL
i always crash myself !!! rabbit Sad
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:07 am

Would be great if there's a standalone download. I don't know what the updater is doing most of the time.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Not working Sad The white screen seems to be common problem...
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:27 pm

You cant get the game to download by clicking the "PLAY NOW" button?

I would give you advice about checking settings on your browser and stuff about "plug-ins", but you actually know FAR more about this stuff than I do.

I can tell you that I'm using:
Windows 7 64bit
Firefox 4

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. We have to get this working for you cuz the game is fun as hell...
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

all's good, it was my firewall.

btw, my account name is [TCP]GOGLXEH
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Friend request sent. What the hell does THAT named mean? You are soooooooo cryptic! Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:27 pm

It's encrypted using memfrob() (XOR each character with 42)

Friend approve or request don't seem to work for me. And who's teddybear?
ok stupid script... turned off noscript and they work.

Last edited by swasta on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Quote :
Friend approve or request don't seem to work for me

same for me
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 pm

You will get spammed alot for friends you dont know. I deny them all but believe that they would help serve in place of the lack of a server browser. If you bring up a list of PLAYING friends, you can see which map they are currently on and join that particular map. Its a shitty workaround but seems to work for those that dont mind having 50+friends.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 pm

swasta wrote:

ok stupid script... turned off noscript and they work.

Check your settings Frenchie...you must have scripts turned off too.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

This game is more fast paced like unreal tournament. The instant respawn and uselessness of camping make this more, hmm, interesting

Last edited by swasta on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 am

[TCP]Soulman wrote:
You will get spammed alot for friends you dont know. I deny them all but believe that they would help serve in place of the lack of a server browser. If you bring up a list of PLAYING friends, you can see which map they are currently on and join that particular map. Its a shitty workaround but seems to work for those that dont mind having 50+friends.

Ok didnt know you can join friend's map that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement   BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF-P4F Open Beta Announcement
Page 1 of 1