The Corner Pub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Corner Pub has moved!

Visit us at our NEW home

http://TheCornerPub.enjin.com/

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:52 am

I have a Walmart bike for years. I know, really not up to task for cycling of any seriousness. Then my colleague gave me this catalog from Performance Bicycle. Things are... quite expensive.
Anyone knows what/which (mainly road bikes) are good for a beginner? I'm not interested in spending thousands of dollars on expert gears, just something to get started.
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:21 am

Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:21 am

I've never gotten any better than you currently use. It works for me to go on the biking trails around here with the wife and kids.
Even the one you are looking at on the link is a bit out of my price range. This is the cost of having a wife and children I suppose. Suspect

Let me know what you end up getting. I'm a bit curious as to if you notice a true MAJOR difference.
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 pm

I miss my Hot Wheel.....now that was great offroad
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Soulman
Major
[TCP]Soulman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Lets not kid anybody...we all know this is what Grandpa looked like on his bike:

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Old-bike
Back to top Go down
https://thecornerpub.darkbb.com
[TCP]=SP[FR]=
Captain
[TCP]=SP[FR]=

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 am

lol! lol!

Cool Cool <== wow nice new avatar !!!

++ i got a GIANT in carbon but never use it !!
Back to top Go down
[TCP]Grandpa
Sergeant Major
[TCP]Grandpa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Soul's first pro cycling shirt

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? 58969912
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 pm

[TCP]=SP[FR]= wrote:
lol! lol!

Cool Cool <== wow nice new avatar !!!

++ i got a GIANT in carbon but never use it !!
I saw a Giant 2 on craigslist for $795 but it looked too specialized to me...
Back to top Go down
[TCP]swasta
Captain
[TCP]swasta

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:42 am

So I got a road bike. It is definitely better than my older, heavier mountain bike, with a cleaner shifter and more comfortable saddle (still hurts, but not as much), quick release wheels and whatnot. Does it worth the price tag? Don't think so, but precisely because it's not cheap, I'm more inclined to take it out to get the most out of it.

Or at least that's what I want myself to think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?   Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone into cycling and can recommend a road bike brand and model for beginner?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Corner Pub :: OLD Website Forum :: Public Watering Hole-
Jump to: